9.11.2010

2010-09-11 Game Day

Nine years ago today was a world-changing day, and when I woke up this morning, I recalled the memories of the scene playing out in front of our windows at the office. It was good to know that now I can think of it with some perspective, but I wasn't planning on spending the day in sadness. I have plans to watch some football.

It's nice to watch football in a communal setting. I won't sit and watch by myself, but I love going to a bar to watch the Gators play. Many of my friends are also fans of my school, but some of my friends are part-time fans! My friend Shirley and her niece will always watch a Florida game, but when Shirley's team (USF) plays my team(UF), well...let's just say she was praying that her team would just score once!!

It wasn't pretty.
P1120085

But she was a good sport...and that's what makes game-day fun!

2 comments:

  1. the expression on her face is priceless! it says, "i will rise above your mockery" - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had such a good time at that game. She's a good sport and her niece wants to go to UF so she was really enjoying it. We took her up to Gainesville for a game last year and she was so excited to visit a college. She and her friend got all dressed up for the game. It was cute.

    ReplyDelete