8.14.2010

2010-08-14 Key West Tourist

Well, today I acted like a tourist...can't say I did my usual job of planning every moment of my time. Rather, I just let the day flow, taking the trolley around town and jumping off here and there to look around.
90 Miles to Cuba

It was, if I may use a favorite phrase, hot as balls outside. I mean, I don't sweat excessively, but I was just pouring sweat after wandering around town. I was considering an intense period of floating in the pool, but I kept wandering most of the day.

Most people stay in guest houses in KW and I stayed at a cute one right off Duval St (the main drag), which was clean and close to the action. I arrived around 5pm on Friday night and found that there was both a bachelor and bachelorette party in the house, so I imagined my stay would be noisy, but they were fairly considerate...other than hogging the pool for great periods of time, they were pretty nice.

So, the day ended at Mallory Square with the traditional Sunset-viewing, watching the street performers and buying some art. It was a good day...

Here's the slideshow:

No comments:

Post a Comment