8.13.2010

2010-08-13 Key West Bound

Well, I'm off to have a solo vacation in Key West, and since it's now completely up to me to plan all my time, I'm just going to do a bunch of random stuff.

One of those things I am going to do is visit Robert Is Here.
Robert Is Here Fruit Stand

My friend Howard has been writing about his love of this old Dade county fruit stand for a long time...recently he did an article for The Herald as part of his South Dade beat (the article also describes how it got its funny name). I could only think about their creamy home-made fruit shakes for so long before I finally broke down and visited RIH on my way down to the Keys.

Apparently this stand has been operating for decades, and its always busy and thriving...the popularity is down to their amazing selection of fruits...
Robert Is Here Fruit Stand Robert Is Here Fruit Stand

And to it's amazing selection of creamy shakes made from the fruit...
Robert Is Here Fruit Stand

There are some other attractions on the property but I needed to get back to the driving...in case you're wondering, I selected the Strawberry-Key Lime shake. Oh, the goodness...

So if you've ever wanted to taste many of Florida's more unusual tropical fruits, like anon, guanabana and mamey...other other more common yummies, then get yourself down there.

No comments:

Post a Comment