8.12.2010

2010-08-12 Cursed Vacation...Again

I do not have good vacation karma this year. You may recall that earlier this year, two separate situations canceled my eagerly awaited Euro-cation.

Now, my perfectly planned trip to Key West is in jeopardy. I'm packing. But I'm not sure why.
P1110016

A friend of mine and I planned a weekend in the Keys for her 40th bday. It's probably one of the first non-child weekends she's had in a long time, and we were so excited. But today, I got the call that Hubby's grandmother is not well and they don't expect her to last...as a result: No Vacation.

We called and asked for refunds, but we were well inside the week's notice we had to give to cancel, so I was faced with a decision: go alone or stay home.

I paid for it. So I'm going.

I can't imagine how strange it will be to go to such a completely group-partying-centric location on my own, but I guess I'm about to find out.

2 comments:

  1. i'm glad you went and if i may say, you have the most adorable vacation clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, normalyl I don't have that much pink clothing, but I seem to have accumulated some and it seems to be fitting to wear pink on a beach vacation! : ) I like how Pippin's just lookin on, like "OK, where are we going?"

    ReplyDelete