7.15.2010

2010-07-15 Gym Locker

Earlier this month I made my triumphant return to the gym. Yes. You may applaud.

There was much fanfare when I signed my year's contract at the local mega-gym. I had been a member of this place before, but left after the enormity of the place left me a feeling a little adrift. I had been going to a great smaller place but the location had me blowing off working out when I thought of adding my commute to the actual workout time.

So I came back to mega-gym for reasons of proximity. Apparently I need to have literally no excuses when it comes to making myself go to the gym...and these days I am almost completely unaffected by its slight meat-market tendencies because this gym has a womens-only area where the battle of the sexes is left behind.

I've made little use of the locker room, as I normally come and go in my gym-wear, which is, of course, a couture Chanel track suit...but I decided that I do need to lock some stuff up from time to time, so I've done what I've done countless other times when I've joined gyms. I bought a gym lock.
IMG_1855

It's a super-cool WordLock, so I don't have to remember any numbers. Cool, eh?

I was sort of putting it off because it's almost a reminder of all the other times I've bought locks for the gym...and then proceeded to go a few times and conveniently "forget" I'm a member. But it had to be done, and I thought I'd try this lock, which I found n Facebook. (Yes, advertising DOES work!)

Anyhow, the combination is...

No comments:

Post a Comment