4.17.2010

2010-04-17 Got My Nails Did

Finally! I had a nice opportunity to get a mani/pedi this weekend (I knew this photography would eventually be reduced to me taking pics of my toes). It was awesome...it's been a couple of months and my feet were feeling kinda busted.
4/17 Got My Nails Did

I felt kind of justified getting fancied up, as I had plans to see Beauty and the Beast tonight at the local theater.

I don't think I ever saw the Beauty and the Beast movie...so the story was kind of a surprise (outside of the usual theatrical conceits). It's a Disney story so it's full of the usual fairytale stuff. Men are either strong & stupid or weak & weird; women are pretty and dumb except occasionally you get a "weird" one who's pretty and smart (and no one likes her); never mess with ugly people because they have power and will jack up your life...you know, typical Disney. You can't watch this stuff with a 21st century analytical mind or it'll drive you crazy.

So I turned off my brain, and it was great! I really enjoyed it...I'm quite surprised at the quality of some of these touring companies...we're not exactly a huge market, but there's a lot of quality singing and dancing going on in the 'burbs. And I couldn't help getting a little weepy when everyone is happy at the end...and I only allowed the occasional feminist argument to invade the enjoyment of the evening.

I'm thinking of getting season tickets for next year's Broadway series, which includes South Pacific ("I'm gonna wash that man right outta my hair!" Oy, more feminism!), Young Frankenstein and West Side Story. I love musical theater...and theater in general! YAY for the Arts!

2 comments:

  1. You have such cute toes! Anyway hope you get to go see South Pacific (some enchanted evening...) and West Side Story (i feel pretty, oh so pretty) because those are so awesome and never get old! And I hope you're still doing photos then and we get to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks pal! I like my feet! And I also hope I get to see the other shows...they're classic!

    ReplyDelete