4.16.2010

2010-04-16 Soup is ON!

This soup is ON, baby! It's on like Donkey Kong!
P1020052

This is my first attempt at making some kind of soup that has no meat in it. It took one of Pioneer Woman's Tomato Soup recipes and slimmed it down and I have to say...it's good. I mean gooooood. I feel like I could just eat this any time of day and feel full but not as if I've jacked up the calorie count.

In other news, the volcano exposion in Iceland is making crazy trouble for everyone. If I was going to Europe I'd be in the airport right now, getting my flight canceled. I'm glad it happened the way it happened and I had some time to prepare for the fact my vacation wasn't happening. I would have be BUMMED to have gone all the way to Newark just to get sent home. I guess it all happens for a reason.

In other other news, I'm looking forward to the weekend...tomorrow is a mani/pedi and a showing of Beauty and the Beast and possibly a movie Sunday. It's all B.Y.O.S...Bring Your Own Soup. Well, I'm all set, yo! Holla at your soup!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I'd love to get the recipe (your version). I love tomato soup - it's one of my top 5 soups! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the recipe: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/02/sherried_tomato_soup/

    And then all I did was remove the butter for Pam spray, replace the cream with fat-free evaporated milk. I would also suggest that you either blend the soup after it cools down, to get a smoother consistency. Or instead of using diced tomato, use crushed tomatoes. This way you dont have chunks of tomato. And I used dried herbs because that's all I had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, i'll probably just use butter since that's what i have. mmm. butter. but i can't wait to make it. love my ree-ree! thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete