4.15.2010

2010-04-15 Vet Face

This is my dog's vet face.
P1020051

This is the wild-eyed look he has while he sits on the exam table, completely covered in a rash and scabs that he himself has scratched or bitten into his skin. He is so itchy that he can't sleep...I can't sleep...and he doesn't respond to OTC medicine or even feel like eating.

So here we are on Thursday afternoon, waiting for the inevitable steroid shot, accompanied by a $250 vet bill. We haven't had to do this for a few years, so I'm bracing for the shock.

I love this dog. I'll do anything for him. But it kills me when the diagnosis is "allergies." Great. I get it. There is so much pollen in the air that it's turning my pool yellow. But oy...$250 to cure it? Sigh. It just galls me. I'm glad Pippin can't tell what I'm thinking while I pet him and comfort him from being scared of the vet. Let's go home, buddy.

5 comments:

  1. is it just me or is this a little Forrest Whittaker-ish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I don't quite see it, but OK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, poor Pippin. I'm taking Plato to the vet tomorrow night for the same reason (though his wasn't as bad as Pippin's). I cringe at the thought of how much this will set me back...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully it won't be too bad. You probably wont need the antibiotics for the skin, or the spray, so you might be fine. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay well maybe it's joel mchale doing forrest whittaker on community?

    ReplyDelete