4.13.2010

2010-04-13 Unhappy Feet

I got the shot this morning.
P1020104

People have told me how painful it is, and yes, it did hurt but it was manageable. I can't say it was any more painful than my heel feels after a day of hard walking.

The doctor did a great job of walking me through it. He advised me before he did anything so I was expecting each and every movement. He hit my foot with two shots of freezing spray and then inserted the needle right in the sad face (above), then he told me it would burn a little, then more, then this is as bad as it will get, then he pulled the needle out. All in all, less than 10 seconds. He mixes the cortisone with lidocaine so now its just sort of numb.

On another note, about doctors...they're weird. I am noticing doctors have all this information in their offices about health care reform. My doc has these little flyers laying around in the office about how health care is going to be suffering in the future and that Medicare needs help...makes me realize doctors can be radicals too. Lately, I heard about a doctor who posted a flyer at his door saying that if you voted for Obama, you might as well leave. My doctor may or may not be as radical but I did notice his car in the parking lot had a bumper sticker that said "Vote them all out." Who? The current guys or the old guys? How old is that car? Oy. Very confusing.

And he has weird art:
P1020039
This is just a small chunk of an 8-foot piece of art in the waiting room. He also has 4 or 5 other smaller varieties. In this one, it looks like a small town is being pelted by apples and marbles. In another, something that looks like Cheerios are falling from the sky. I totally do not get it. The color palate is weird and at the top of this picture a train moves across the sky and I'm not even sure why. I need to fake a foot injury to get back there and ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment