8.24.2010

2010-08-25 Clyde!

Here is my favorite photographer, Clyde Butcher, speaking at a local museum, about his photography and his life.
8/24 Clyde

I really enjoyed this "Author's Evening," which my friend Shelby was able to get me into. The room was packed, and people were excited to hear him talk and see his amazing art.

Seeing his work last year really inspired me to pick up a camera in a more serious way, so in some way he's helped inspire the 365 Project for me...he was a very nice man, when I met him, and he told me a great story about my favorite photo of his, called "Dunes." He frequently waits day and hours to capture a photo and it turned out Dunes took five days to capture. Amazing. You can see every grain of sand in the beach on that photo, and the sky looks like we are peeking at heaven.

Love his work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment