7.10.2010

2010-07-10 Books and Avoidance

I try to stay out of trigger shopping stores like Barnes and Noble. When I go in there, I want to move in, and purchase every book. But I've really stopped buying so many books, because I read them in a few days and then they go on the shelf.

I want to form some kind of book co-op where I decide to buy a book with at least one friend in order to reduce the expense and have a lot fewer books to put on a shelf.

I went with my friend Shirley...
IMG_1755

We were trying to identify a nice book of yoga poses, so she could learn some more about it as she begins doing yoga classes at the gym. Some of the books are hysterical...there was one called "Big Yoga," which was essentially yoga for fat people. The best pose was definitely Lion Pose.

Then we found a picture of one person helping another person do a headstand, which esstentially left the helper staring down at the poser's nether regions. I almost peed on myself when she announced, "I think this would really strengthen our friendship," as she flashed the image of the awkward yogis.

Right next to the Yoga section is the Human Sexuality section...notice a trend:
IMG_1756

Every damn one of these books is either pink or red. Wow. Helloooo, marketers, wonder if you're using any visual cues to market your books?

I didn't end up buying anything, but there were sooo many temptations:
IMG_1757

No comments:

Post a Comment