7.06.2010

2010-07-06 Prodigal

Yesterday, I made my triumphant return to the gym after a year's absence.
P1080004

And today was my first Zumba class. I've always avoided these big aerobics classes because I tend to feel I'm so out of shape, I'll just end up standing there, panting, and ready to pass out.

However, none of this happened. Admittedly, I probably didn't do all the moves at 100% energy, but man, this is a fun, fun class and I really could not believe I made it through. I like the class so much, I can't stop singing the songs in my head.

Our instructor has an inhuman ability to move her hips, and even though I'm Cuban, I find myself slightly too prudish to do some of the thrusting and shaking these Latin beats require. I just do a slightly more demure version of the grinding she does.

Anyway, I fell over my feet more often than not, but I'm kind of into it...I'll be back for class tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment