6.22.2010

2010-06-22 The Mac Has Landed

Ever since I decided to go to the dark side and order a Mac, I've been drooling for it to arrive. It's shiny and gleamy and ready to turn on instantly and entertain me with its easy to use OS.
IMG_1721

Nothing...and I mean, nothing...is better in the world of shopping online, than opening the box. I love inspecting every wrapper, every paper with brilliant bits of insight that they stuck into the box. It's all going to get a good looking-at.

After the inspection, I usually get to business...I defer gratification and set it up to charge for at least a few hours. I'm going to walk back and forth past it while it charges a few times. I'm just going to check the charging light occasionally, til it's ready to go.

Weeeeell, I guess I don't need to wait until it's completely charged, right? I can just turn it on now and keep it plugged in...

Oh crap. It's been almost 20 years since I owned an Apple computer. Will I remember where everything is. Yep. Pretty much. It's got all-new whiz-bangy stuff, but it seems familiar, too. Good choice. Excellent purchase. Now...I'm exhausted. It's nap time.

1 comment: