5.31.2010

2010-05-31 Fried Everything

Things that are fried are tasty. You could bread my shoe and throw it in the fryer and it would probably be an acceptable snack for me.

We had a great Memorial Day BBQ today at my brother's house...fresh fish and venison, fried up with tasty sides...they're really good cooks over there. Tasty, down-home Southern food. Not always for the light of heart or the fat of ass, but hey, sometimes you gotta go for it!

Now, venison is not my favorite meat of all. I like it OK, but tend to eat small portions. But my brother and SIL really know how to cook it. The secret is to soak it in milk, which removes gamey flavors. It was the best I've ever had.

My favorite picture is of these little babies...we love to cook whole fish in our family, so whether it's baked or fried, we tend to serve them this way. It just makes the meat wonderful and juicy. And my brother was so proud of catching these little snappers...
Whole Fried Fish

Here's the rest of our day and a view of our menu...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_rXb0dKX7I

No comments:

Post a Comment