5.22.2010

2010-05-22 Fried

Since when is "Fried" the default method of cooking meat which is to be placed on a salad?
5/22 Fried

I used to get this salad from Wendy's and decided to have one the other day. It had always come topped with grilled chicken, but today, I unpacked my lunch and voila, a piece of fried chicken breast.

I thought we were having an obesity epidemic and fast food places were trying to make changes to their menus...oh, say what? That's bull-hockey? Yep. You're right. I actually happened to drive-thru later in the day for a soda as I was out and about and I told the cashier my thrilling story of mistaken chicken identity earlier in the day, and asked if the basic salad was supposed to come with fried chicken or grilled chicken. I pointed out that it used to be grilled as a default.

The cashier just sort of looked and me and said, "You don't WANT it fried?" As if to say, who would want anything but deep fried chicken on everything? And also, what the heck does 'default' mean? Or maybe she took one look at me and figured, 'This lady has certainly had her share of fried food. What's she complaining about?'

She's right. Absolutely. Who would want a nice plain piece of grilled chicken. The salad was delicious...now, I need to run out and rent a wheelbarrow to drag my ass in.

1 comment:

  1. I'm the opposite: I hate when they ask me, because then I feel obligated to choose the healthy, grilled option. If they don't ask and automatically give me the fried chicken, I'm secretly happy because I can blame it on them and not my own bad choices. Of course, my ass gets bigger either way ... :-)

    ReplyDelete