4.21.2010

2010-04-21 Fake Flowers

Wow, that's a lotta flowers...
P1020108

Fake, fake, fake!

I'm at Michael's again, picking up my frame order, which apparently no one told me had arrived. I think they were probably about ready to put it in the store to sell! I'll show how it turned out tomorrow when I hang it.

Michael's is great for browsing, but it's also an interesting example of conspicuous consumption in this country. I mean, who needs all this stuff? I get the paints and the crafts, but some of this stuff I just don't get. I suppose someone somewhere is interested in all of these hobbies, but when I look at this row of fake flowers, all I can think of is the company that makes plastic flowers by the millions, roped into these long strings. And they just sit here, fodder for a landfill...all of it temporary. Maybe I'm in a bad mood. Flowers are supposed to make you happy, aren't they?

But of course, I couldn't help but do this...it's like crafty graffiti.
P1020106

1 comment:

  1. i think the same thing about all the extra stuff! been meaning to write about that.

    ReplyDelete