4.01.2010

2010-04-01 No Fooling

Today is April Fools Day and I don't give a damn. I'm not much for being fooled. I find all this effort companies make towards distributing "fake news" a waste of time. I did see one that made me laugh...an IT company did a recommendation of IT operations during a zombie attack. Kinda cute...thought they missed a couple of good oppotunities for a joke in the video. Nerds aren't that funny.

The company I work for usually has to up it's guard on April Fools day because some companies choose to use us to get their fake news into the public eye -- sometimes these companies don't know that they've crossed a line and in those cases we'd have to squash it. For example, it would not be a good idea if a biotech company decided to announce they're going to clone an infamous German dictator as an April Fools joke. Not appropriate, really. Again, nerds aren't always that funny. (I haven't seen that exact example, of course.)

Anyway. I like jokes. Just not stupid ones.

Here's a completely unrelated pic.
P1010003

No comments:

Post a Comment