3.30.2010

2010-03-30 Shrooms

I've been trying to improve my eating this year...more raw foods, less meat, a LOT less sugar. I gave up drinking my precious Coca-Cola and added a lot more fruit and veg. And it's a good thing, but I have definitely spoiled my tastebuds over the last 39 years. Sometimes I just crave something sugary. I keep reminding myself it's my mind and not my body that needs it. But it's hard to be perfect all the time. I try to compensate by eating a lot of my favorites...I love mushrooms. I could eat them every day in some fashion, so I put them in everything. Makes me love the dish even more. I know tons of people who hate mushrooms and I cannot even fathom it. I heart them. I need them. I've gotta have 'em. So if you don't like mushrooms...are you going to eat those? Can I have them?
IMG_1377

6 comments:

  1. i'm laughing because those are amazingly even slices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am an amazing slicer. If there's anything I'm good at...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why we are friends. You can have all my mushrooms. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw Maria , it's only one of many reasons! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love mushrooms & the ex couldn't stand them to even be in the house-it says a lot :-) You'll thank yourself with the fresh food, I promise! My kids like fresh fruit better than the stuff from a can. & the pics just get better & better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lex-living with someone who doesn't like mushrooms must be like living with a Republican. How can it work? LOL! (I can only say this to my fellow liberals!)

    Thanks for keeping up with my blog. : )

    ReplyDelete