3.08.2010

2010-03-08 I Need Your Support

I've been wearing the foot brace my doctor gave me for the past few days, waiting for my appointment to get my custom orthotic made. I can't believe the difference it's made. Already, I can feel an improvement in my foot and the heel pain is almost non-existant. Brilliant!

It's not pretty but I don't care. Only thing is that getting used to it for the first few days made me wonder if it was cutting off the blood supply to my foot. I got a little paranoid the first day. Every little prickle on my foot meant that my foot was clearly getting ready to fall off. Of course that hasn't happened...meanwhile I am looking forward to having the "real thing" made later this week. It'll cost me $120 but it's worth it if it's anything like this brace. Of course, insurance won't pay for the orthotic...they'll pay for the surgery if I keep jacking up my foot, though. Excellent logic.

IMG_1185

No comments:

Post a Comment