2.27.2010

2010-02-27 Please Enjoy Some Sugar

So tonight I went to a shindig on behalf of a charity I do some work for. It focuses on providing access to healthcare and education for pregnant women in order to reduce infant mortality and pre-term birth. Its a great org, but as with all non-profits, we need money! So a local gated community is doing a triathlon and donating some proceeds to us. I went to their kickoff party expecting some kind of buffet or appetizers, but when I got there, I found this:

Two eight-foot tables of dessert.

This picture doesnt event do it justice. It went around the corner and along the ledge as well. Holy mackerel.
P1030072

When I walked in, a lady asked who I was and said "Oh we've been expecting you! Come in!" She brought me to a table with the other non-profit attending the event. I thought I would politely just ignore the food, as I've been trying to cut out the sugar, but nooooo. She brought me right over to the tables and said "Now, all our residents have been working really hard and made all these great desserts. Here's a plate and some napkins..." and she brought me to the beginning of the table. I sighed and dug in. What're you donna do? You can't be rude.

2 comments:

  1. what are those things that look like fried shrimps on the bottom left? because, mmm...friend shrimps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're little fritters, I think. (I feel like a posted this answer. Why didn't it stick?)

    ReplyDelete