1.09.2010

2010-01-08 Mmmmm, Bagels

I had to have bagels today. I probably only have them about once every couple of months from my local place, and today was the day. I woke up immediately when the alarm went off. Sat up, smiled at the world with a twinkle in my eye and said, "I'm getting a bagel today!"

Hm. Rewind. Rewind. Rewind. None of that happened.

What actually happened was that the alarm went off. I snoozed it twice. I sort of leaned up on one elbow...eyes still closed. I spent 3 minutes fantasizing about winning the lottery. I tried to get out of bed. Eyes still closed. Finally put my feet on the floor, opened my eyes and stepped on the dog's bone on the way to the bathroom. My stomach grumbled, and I said groggily, "Mmmph, bagel."

In Fort Myers, Bagel Connection is about the only place to get decent bagels so I got a few for the weekend. And of course, I thought to take a picture.

Inspired by my favorite food blogger Ree Drummond, who takes amazing pictures of her food, I took this picture of my breakfast! All it needs is a schmear...

IMG_0401

1 comment:

  1. i remember getting bagels with you in harborside each morning. but you're doing a schmear now? i thought you were a butter girl. (yes, ree drummond is the best! )

    ReplyDelete