1.07.2010

2010-01-05 The Eye

My eyebrows are angry and are not amused at the idea that they should sit gently on my face...rather they always seem to be trying to make a break for freedom by growing at a preternatural rate. They must be tamed. I have to fight not to look like Maggie Simpson's baby enemy:

I have a brow-tamer called Brooke. She is my "eyebrow lady" and owns a place called Browtopia, which specializes in skin care and waxing. I go to Brooke's about every two weeks. As nicely as she can -- and she admits she feels bad about it -- she drips hot organic soy wax on my eye area and rips out any brow hairs dare grow within my "natural arch." I once saw a little hair at the end of my brow and asked "Why didn't you get that one?" And, reverently, she said "Noooo, I'm cultivating that one." When I looked quizzical, she explained how that hair marked the end of my natural browline and she was cultivating the hairs growing there so that they would fill in and create the perfect brow.

I took a shot of my post-wax brow -- she did some more trimming around the top after this. I didn't end up liking the shot too much but it was interesting to try to shoot this by standing in front of the mirror.

The Eye

And here is Brooke! Thanks for your ongoing sculpting!

P1010336

No comments:

Post a Comment