3.26.2008

Member of the Pregnancy Posse

My friend Jen is going into the hospital today to see if she can hold off delivering Baby Carly for a few more days. I guess with all the trouble she's had, she's low on amniotic fluid and they might have to do an early c-section. She's finally at week 35 so it would be safer to deliver now.

I've been named Director of Pregnancy Communications in Jen's "Pregnancy Posse." That means I'm going to communicate the status of her situation from minute to minute to her friends and family across the country as she goes through the process of having a baby.

Lots of other people are in the Pregnancy Posse and have other roles -- I love this idea for single moms...it gives people in your life something to do other than sitting around waiting for the news, while solving a lot of big problems you have to deal with. She's got a Director of Transportation (who gets to ensure she gets to the hospital), a Baby Watcher (someone who goes from the delivery room to the nursery with the baby -- hospitals require this to make sure you dont get the wrong baby), and other posts which I'm sure will help get that baby out and get her home.

I'm ready to do my job!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I like the new look of the site! And good luck to the soon-to-be new mommy. :-)

    ReplyDelete