12.24.2010

2010-12-24 O Pippin Tree

Mmmmm, Pippin likes the smell of a fresh Christmas tree. He's been sniffing it for a while, but poking himself in the nose when he gets too close!
IMG_2852

I've arrived at my parents' place and I'm getting settled in for about 3 days of ups and downs. I'm sure everyone has certain moments during Christmas that they wish could pass them by...moments that you have to endure because of family or friends or because of memories or whatever. I am one of those people. I am incredibly merry on the way to Christmas, but getting through the actual holiday is only what I can call a "mixed bag" of great and not-so-great times. Eventually, I find myself happy to be headed home.

For now, the plans are to have a small Christmas lunch for those of us family who are in town. We're having a lovely paella, which I'm looking forward to. Then on the 26th, another portion of family comes into town and we do a gift exchange. Now that there are no little kids left, this tradition is a fun time for me, and I enjoy this most of all. Not for the gifts, but for the joking and relaxed atmosphere.

Merry Christmas to all of you!

1 comment: