12.12.2010

2010-12-12 Pippy Pillows

I bought new pillows! Hurrah!

Pippin discovered the pillows! Doggy hurrah!
P1010023

I put them on the couch while I washed the sheets and he immediately buried himself between the pillows and the couch...until I came over and disturbed him, that is.

I made a terrible mistake with Pippin, you see. Pippin grew up using a crate, which is great. He loves going in there to sleep or to feel safe. I used to buy those fleece pads for the bottom of the crate, but annoyingly Pippin would often get into a playful mood and pull his sleeping pad out of the crate and bring it to me to play tug-of-war with.

So one day, when his pad got manky enough to replace, I decided I would take an old pillow, which I was about to throw out, and cover it with a cheap pillowcase and use it for his bed. It was literally the exact size of the inside of the crate. Well, he loved it. And it was a little too big for him to haul out of the crate, so it stayed firmly in its place.

However, dogs are smart animals. Once he started sleeping on a old pillow that smelled like me, he thought, in his doggy brain, 'All pillows must be my bed.' And so a battle has begun. When he sees the couch pillow, he lays on it. When he sees my large body pillow, he lays on it. And infuriatingly he occasionally tries to lay on the pillow I use for my head. Arrrgh! Everytime I see him on it, I tell him to get off. It makes me furious, but then again, I created this monster. I thought I was saving some money, and now I've got a pillow-loving doggy.

Oy.

No comments:

Post a Comment