11.03.2010

2010-11-03 Short on Ribs, Long on Taste

I've never made Short Ribs before.
IMG_2754

But now, I know, I'm clearly good at it. Now, having said that, there's a few things I would change for next time. I was using some grass-fed beef, and to be honest, I don't think there's enough fat on grass-fed meat. But the wine sauce was tasty.

As much as I liked these, they don't taste as good as those served at the Flamingo Deli in Jersey City, NJ. I'll never be able to make them like that, and that makes me a little sad. 'Cuz I ain't moving back there...

2 comments:

  1. Yes, the Flamingo! I think for starters, they didn't use grass fed meat. This looks great, though! (You know, one of these days we both need to go back there and share a meal, for old time's sake!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! A trip to NY!! ( and a side-trip to Flamingo!)

    ReplyDelete