9.24.2010

2010-09-24 It's All for the Kids

So, I accepted a volunteer position as president of a local children's charity board. I've been on the board about 5 years and this year they asked me to be president. I was not sure if I wanted to do this...in some ways I take the responsibility seriously, and I do feel sort of young to be asked to do this, but I guess by this time, I'm one of the people who has served longest on the board, and some part of my skill-set has been useful to the organization.

Today I was inaugurated as president, in front of all these people!
IMG_2613

We had our annual meeting and awards, and we also culminated our Infant Mortality Awareness Month activity, which included a pinwheel garden to represent babies who died in our service area.
IMG_2280

We had a wonderful speaker who discussed her experience with her son, who died of SIDS. She kicked off an awesome campaign to teach people to put infants to sleep on their back. It's a onesie that you put on the baby with "This Side Up" on the belly area. Every baby born in a birthing hospital this year will receive one courtesy of our organization.
IMG_2311

2 comments:

  1. congrats on your presidential win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Thanks...not like I was elected with any competition...

    ReplyDelete