8.08.2010

2010-08-08 L'Opera

Opera has never, in modern life at least, made huge in-roads in popularity for middle-America. Most people feel it's over their head and they don't understand the music or the plot. So for most people, going to the Opera is like going to a musical where you don't understand the plot and you don't really care for the music.

I like operas. I like seeing them. I'm not much interested in listening to the music on it's own, but I like to watch the drama of the whole art form.

In the past couple of years someone thought of the idea of bringing opera into movie theaters. I've heard of it for the past couple of years, but never actually attended until now.
8/8 L'Opera

Our local cinema is featuring a summer full of opera on the silver screen. At this theater, the awesome leather seats and great food made attending the opera a treat. We checked out "La Traviata."

PS. When I say leather seats, I don't mean this:
P1100112
These are some seats out in the dining room. I both love these chairs and also feel slightly queasy when I see these.

3 comments:

  1. the seats make me think of Selena!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Selena! You are soooo right. Didn't she make an outfit out of cow skin?

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was at least patterned to look like cow. not sure if it was real cow or not. oh selena! too soon...

    ReplyDelete