7.27.2010

2010-07-27 Potluck Lucky

Junior League meetings usually mean some kind of potluck..and I'm afraid it's my fault. But I don't feel too bad, when this is what you get!
7/27 Potluck Lucky

When I started going to meetings, they would be normal business meetings, usually at 6 or 7pm. But I was always starving. I was always running out of my house after work, not wanting to eat fast food. I remember my first meeting where I brought food. I bought at sandwich at the deli next door and everyone sat and watched as I wolfed down a sub, while we talked about fundraising or projects or whatever. Thereafter, I brought my dinner...I'll be damned if I wait until 9 o'clock to eat dinner when I'm starving!

Then, the following year I was on the Board, and I suggested I would bring some snacks. Someone else, said "Me too!" And all of the sudden we were rotating the job of bringing snacks to the meeting. And it was good.

We repeated the same at Board next year, and I had my own committee which I scheduled to meet at a local restaurant. Little by little I noticed a lot of other committees meeting at restaurants, or rotating the snack function. And by now, it's pretty common that evening meetings will come with snacks, or that you're welcome to bring your own dinner.

All because I was starving. Good job, me.

1 comment:

  1. seriously, kudos to you. i hate waiting to eat so late (dinner in particular) and i applaud you for starting the trend!

    ReplyDelete