5.20.2010

2010-05-20 Freak Flags

Nice little sushi lunch with a friend today. Walking out, I noticed this store having a sidewalk sale...they seemed to have an extensive collection of those flags you put outside the house.
5/20 Freak Flags

This is perfect because I've been looking for a place that sells them. I know a bunch of people, including me, that have those flagpoles hanging off the roof, where you get to let your particular "freak flag" fly. I see lots of college or holiday or religious ones. I only have one flag. It's a pineapple, and I got it for a housewarming present. But I'd like some seasonal ones and perhaps a Univ of Fla one.

Sadly I couldn't rummage around today. I had spent a looooong time yammering and needed to get back to the office for a 2pm meeting, which was then canceled at 1:59. Perfect.

What if our flags could actually display images that really represented us...mine would be like a Cathy cartoon...my flag would have the cartoon-me hunched over a computer 9 hours a day. Or me sitting on the couch with a remote control with a dog on her lap. Or me looking frustrated while I pick out clothes or fix my hair.

Mine's a little boring, but someone else might be dressed up in latex whipping their spouse. You never know. Whatever floats your boat. It would make it fun to drive down the street. What would yours be?

5 comments:

  1. waitasecond...these birds are flags? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my flag would be made from worn out yoga pants and have birds on it. love the pink flamingo flag in the shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, interesting question. My flag would have a ginormous chocolate bar/kiss on it, because all I seem to do these days is eat chocolate...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting flags ladies! If I find any just like that, I'll let you know!! : )

    ReplyDelete