5.10.2010

2010-05-10 Thank You

I believe in Thank You notes.
IMG_1458

I think it makes people happy to get a little note telling people you appreciate them and their efforts. So I like to keep a little stash of personalized note cards for just such purposes. I can never really have enough of these...

I didn't learn this from my mother. Nope, my mom did not really subscribe to Miss Manners-style behaviors. She said thank you, she meant it, and felt that was sufficient for most everything. But later in life, I met people who felt moved to send me thank you notes for things, I and really remember feeling good and feeling appreciated. So, in recent years I'm really trying to be more grateful, and I think this is a nice way to show it.

3 comments:

  1. I love those cards! Beautiful!

    I love getting thank-you cards. I think it means so much when someone takes the time to go that extra step. That said, I'm awful at sending them. I always mean to, but ...

    Maybe that'll be my resolution (a few months late) this year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post and great photo. it's always nice to be formally thanked and even more fun to thank someone else. thanks for the inspiration (card on the way)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria - plus, stationery is soooo fun to buy! Uh-oh, I see an idea for a birthday present!

    tooth - I'll go wait by the mailbox

    ReplyDelete