4.29.2010

2010-04-29 Plurally Possessive

This just burns me. Or shall I say burn's me.
P1030001

I truly do not understand how the majority of people I see writing -- email, Twitter, Facebook, etc. -- cannot figure out how to work an apostrophe.

It really isn't hard. And every time I see signs and menus that are misspelled, I just lose it. Because someone should have caught that. Someone came up with the idea for the sign. They passed it around their offices. They sent it to a printer...possibly even more than one, if they got bids. Then a printer and the people on-staff who produced the sign all saw it. That's a LOT of people who didn't care or didn't know that the sign was wrong.

So it bums me out. It bums me out because I wonder if teachers just can't reach kids or if people are just lazy. Either way, get your apostrophes straight, people.

1 comment:

  1. Sadly, I see this all the time. Just this past weekend, I was at the Hoboken arts festival, and saw a sign for "Oreo's" ... I wanted to tell them, but when I've done that, they look at me like I'm mental.

    ReplyDelete