4.27.2010

2010-04-27 This is Grossssssssss

If you're squeamish, don't look.










I had to kill this today:
4/26 Sssssss

I was sitting outside when I saw Pippin run over to this area in the side yard and get super-excited and making yipping noises. That's when my antenna went up...if he's that excited, then something's wrong!

I found it was a snake all coiled up, in a corner, trying to strike at my little puppy, who was trying to get ever closer for a little look.

So I ran over and grabbed him and put him inside. OK, now everyone is safe. But there's still a snake in the yard.

So I did the next thing I could think of...I ran around in little circles saying, "What do I do? What do I do?" So I thought of my snow shovel...bing! I grabbed it and ran out there and found it was still sitting there coiled up. As I approached, it reared up and I cut it in half with my shovel. The whole time I kept saying "I'm sorry. I'm sorry," as if it could hear me or something.

I feel bad and yet I don't. I know all the arguments about keeping certain snakes in the yard, but I can't have that with my dog out there. So...sorry snake.

No comments:

Post a Comment