4.24.2010

2010-04-24 TV Nerd

I'm nerding out in front of the TV on a Friday night...I've been enjoying a couple of new shows...first is "Who Do You Think You Are." I think, as the child of immigrants, where I come from fascinates me. Also, I love to learn about other cultures, so naturally finding out about who came before me is really interesting. This series, which was a British show brought to the US by Lisa Kudrow was fantastic. It followed the ancestry of 6 celebrities, with really great results.
IMG_1439

I also really love this year's animation of my favorite podcast, "The Ricky Gervais Show." I really wonder whether people are able to get the hilarity of this show without listening to the original podcasts, but if you're into it, they're on iTunes for a few bucks. Ricky and his writing/directing partner Steve, met Karl when they were radio DJs in England. Once Karl opened his mouth, they knew they had met someone unique. Sometimes I don't know if the things Karl says are stupid or genius. But either way, I love watching this show.
IMG_1435

2 comments:

  1. sometimes i feel bad that they all laugh so hard at karl. but only sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know -- I felt bad too but it's all good. He's probably doing just fine...ignorance is bliss.

    ReplyDelete