4.06.2010

2010-04-06 Nooks on the Causeway

We have a local island named Sanibel, which has a sort of causeway which must be taken to reach it. It's a $7 toll road so I don't go out there a lot but it's really my favorite place to drive. If I could, I would go over the bridge a lot because you can pull over and park and just look at the water. It's really nice.

But just before the bridge, I noticed that at some point, someone has created these little nooks along the water where you can pull your car off the road and sort of sit in these little private beach areas. The beach is tiny...only about 6-10 feet wide at any point, but its like a little corner of the world where you can enjoy the water alone. I've never used them but I'd like to. Maybe one day I need to take the day off, grab a chair and a book and sit here and contemplate the water.
4/6 Sanibal Causeway

No comments:

Post a Comment