3.24.2010

2010-03-24 Lessons

I signed up a for a "how to" camera class at the local photo shop, and I have to say, it was great. We spent 4 hours talking about all the different settings.
IMG_1243

I learned quite a bit. Not sure if all of it stuck, but at least there are some things I think I can do better. One example of something we learned was White Balance. With white balance you can tell the camera how to show whites in their proper state. So in this example, I took a pic of the same set of lights, but when I change the white balance setting, picture 2 shows a more realistic image of the actual colors, while picture 1 is too warm and doesn't capture reality.
Lessons 3/24 Lessons 3/24

Ultimately, the idea is to try to capture what your eye sees, and now I think I have some better tools do to that.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great idea. I don't know if any local places in my 'hood offer this but the white balance is something that's driven me nuts (esp on my trip to Hawaii). Love the new look of the site, BTW!!

    ReplyDelete