3.03.2010

2010-03-03 Feets Don't Fail Me Now

I finally gave up and went to the doctor about the pain in my right heel. I've been to this doctor before back in 2007 because of a small tear in my Achilles tendon that seemed to keep re-injuring itself. I wore a boot on my left leg for about 3 months until the tear healed and now it's right as rain.

For the last year my right heel has been really painful. Sometimes it felt like a spike was going right up through the center of my heel. I started wearing my Cros flip-flops full time because they seemed to be the only really comfy shoes I could stand. But now that I'm going on this trip in April, I need to feel like I can walk as long as I need to. Hence, the doc. His verdict: plantar fascitis.

Here are my feet, both inside and out! It's plantar fasc-tastic!Feets 3/3

Check out the wicked bone spur:
Feets 3/3 Zoom

For now, we can stretch it and I have to wear an orthotic (probably forever - yuk). But if it's not better by the trip, I have to get a shot.

My other option is to do crazy amounts of stretches. So that's what I'm focusing on for the next month. A lotta "Downward Dog."

No comments:

Post a Comment