2.17.2010

2010-02-17 Still-Life

For my final class, I'm bringing in still-lifes. I made a complete crap-bomb of the attempt in class because I just wasn't "feelin' it." But at home, I had all of my own personal knick-knacks to work with and it went a little better. But not much. The point of the exercise is to be able to pull together a scene and create a mood that the viewer can connect to.

Maybe I'm just not a still-life person. My little still-life here combines items I got in India with a little container of "stuff." I guess it's an acceptable grouping, but it's still not very evocative. I think I've found I'm better that the pure abstract stuff or at just taking pics of places. Dunno. Can't be good at everything, can I?

IMG_1152A

2 comments:

  1. Aww, don't get down! Still life stuff, I think, is particulary hard in any medium. I see famous still lifes and think, "really? that's it?" Anyway, cute stuffs from India!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I think still-life just isnt for me. I can accept that. To be honest, i don't spend a lot of time "posing" shots anyway. I don't mind creating abstract stuff or taking pics of places but this feels contrived.

    ReplyDelete