1.02.2010

A New Purpose!

I haven't been blogging. I am lazy and have a shitty memory. When I have something to say, I'm often away from the computer and then can't remember what I was so excited to share.

So, in the way of many people facing a new year (and a new decade), I have some New Year's Resolutions. One of them is to become a better photographer. I'm starting an Abstract Photography course this week and I'm really looking forward to learning about how the camera works and perhaps taking some amazing shots. So, when I saw this article on New Year's Day, I thought it was no coincidence...I felt moved to take this project on. I'll be taking one photo each day for the next year. And, I'll be using my old blog to track my progress and share it with anyone who is interested.

Along the way, I might also blog about other stuff and share some other photos that I like that I've taken in the past or that others have taken. But don't hold your breath. I also many not blog every day, but the photos will be taken every day.

So, what's the goal?? Of course a project like this will force me to use my camera every day, and ultimately force me to really embrace this as a proper hobby! But it would also be really interesting to me to sort of document what will be my 40th year. I don't know where my time goes sometimes...could I possibly find a way to see my life in a different way? My own way of seeing the forest AND the trees?

Anyway, I don't promise the pics will be fascinating, but unless I'm hit by a truck, they'll be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment