6.15.2008

Mussels!




Mussels in White Wine and Garlic Recipe | Recipezaar

I just made this recipe tonight and it was sooooooo good! I was kind of scared to make it. I thought I would probably buy some expensive mussels and then mess it up, ultimately having wasted the money (only $8 but it would annoy me anyway!). I added a little milk and boiled the sauce down a bit and I used a regular onion instead of shallots, but I chopped them really really tiny. I also didnt want to buy a whole bunch of fresh herbs and I had a tube of basil and a bottle of dried italian seasoning. Used Sauvignon Blanc -- a cheap one -- for the wine.

Mussels are one of my favorites and since I was able to do it, I'm gonna try something else difficult -- perhaps next week.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I know what you're making when I come to visit... :-)

    ReplyDelete