7.23.2007

The Best-Laid Plans...

Well, I planned it perfectly. My Harry Potter book was to arrive in my hotel on Saturday, ensuring that I would spend all of Sunday finding out "what happens." I pay for AmazonPrime service and they ensured I would receive the book on the day of release. But no. I was foiled.

On Saturday my friend Maria came to DC for some quality hanging out time...I was so sure when we returned from our massive sightseeing excursion that I would have the book in my hands, ready for a Sunday of laziness. But when I got back to the hotel there was no package.

I rushed online to track the package and it said that they tried to deliver but no one was home. Hello! This is a hotel....someone is ALWAYS home.

I rushed down to the front desk..."Where's my damn book!" I said....except nicer.

Turns out UPS doesnt deliver so that hotel on Saturdays. So much for the Amazon promise.

If any one of you so much as says "Harry" in front of me before I read this book, I will still my fingers in my ears and say "LALALALALALALALA NOT LISTENING!"

OK, I gotta go track this thing and make sure it gets to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment